This document aims to regulate the TERMS and GENERAL CONDITIONS OF CONTRACTING (the “Terms and Conditions“) for accommodation services at the LÍBERE PRINCIPE REAL establishment.
The services will be provided by the company LILHG Portugal, LDA., with its registered office at Rua Miguel Serrano 9, 1º, parish of Algés, Linda-a-Velha e Cruz Quebrada-Dafundo, municipality of Oeiras, registered in the Commercial Register with identification number (NIPC) 517664895 (“Líbere” or the “Manager“), as the authorized representative on behalf of RSM56, UNIPESSOAL, LDA., with its registered office at Rua Castilho 13, D, 8.ºA, parish of Santo António, Lisbon, registered in the Commercial Register with identification number (NIPC) 517048248, and owner of the establishment (the “Owner“). In accordance with the above, the User, when contracting accommodation services at LÍBERE PRINCIPE REAL, will be a customer of the Owner.
The term “User” is used here to refer to all individuals and/or entities (reservation holders and accompanying guests) who, for any reason, access www.staylibere.com or use the accommodation and related services mentioned here.
The accommodation services aim to reserve an apartment, as the case may be, as well as additional and complementary services that may be contracted for use and enjoyment by the User (hereinafter, the “Services“). Therefore, the use of the Services implies full and unconditional acceptance and validity of each and every one of the Terms and Conditions, which will be automatically incorporated into the contract that is entered into by making a reservation through the Manager directly or through third-party intermediaries.
2.Reservation of Services
Making a reservation implies the adherence and acceptance of each and every one of the Terms and Conditions included in this document, as well as the policies indicated in section 13.
In this regard, by accepting the Terms and Conditions included in this document, the User expressly declares:
- To be of legal age and have full legal capacity to make the reservation on their behalf and on behalf of accompanying third parties.
- If staying with minors, to be their parent or legal guardian, or to have the corresponding authorization, which must be provided to the Manager.
- To understand and comprehend all of the Terms and Conditions and other policies referred to in this document.
- To expressly acknowledge and accept that the establishment cannot be their habitual and permanent residence or professional domicile, and therefore cannot be registered as such in any public or private institution.
- That the data provided by them, whether their own or of accompanying third parties, when making the reservation is correct, true, up to date, and complete.
- Not to engage in any type of criminal activity or fraud when making the payment for the reservation.
The User can request a reservation through www.staylibere.com (hereinafter, the “Website“), by contacting their staff through the tools provided on the Website or through any other official platform where the Manager offers this option. To complete the reservation process, the User must:
- Complete all steps required by the Manager or the corresponding platform and provide (i) all required data in accordance with the identification section below, as well as (ii) a credit or debit card number in the name of the reservation holder as a guarantee for the reservation confirmation. Visa, Mastercard, and American Express cards are accepted. Reservation requests will not be considered accepted until the Manager confirms their admission via email, provides a reservation reference, and the User makes payment for the Services (including the corresponding deposit). At this point, the legal relationship between the User and the Owner will have been formalized.
Once the reservation is made, and as soon as possible, but always within 24 hours of making the reservation, the Manager will send the User a confirmation of their reservation via email.
If the User detects that they have made an error in the reservation, they must contact the Manager for free rectification within a maximum of 2 hours from the receipt of the confirmation email. Otherwise, it will be considered correct for all purposes. The Manager will make its best efforts to rectify the corresponding reservation as long as availability has not been exhausted within that timeframe.
Outside of the cases referred to in the previous paragraph, Líbere does not commit to rectifying erroneous reservations, but if it does, the User will have to pay the corresponding fee for the requested changes.
Users with disabilities who require additional services or requirements to ensure a proper stay must inform the Manager before making the reservation.
Prices and Payment Conditions
The prices and offers presented on the Website include VAT and are only valid for reservations made on the Website or directly through the establishment’s staff. Prices are in Euros and may be subject to change without prior notice. However, the agreed-upon prices will be maintained after the reservation is confirmed.
The User agrees that:
- When booking a flexible or semi-flexible rate, the Manager reserves the right to verify the validity of the card registered in the reservation process and may block the amount corresponding to the first night, which will be unblocked after a few days depending on the issuing bank of the card. If the previous transaction cannot be processed, the credit card will be considered invalid. In this case, the Manager may automatically cancel the reservation without prior notice. The total amount of the stay (Value Added Tax (“VAT”) and, if applicable, applicable tourist taxes) will be charged at the time of check-in.
- When booking a non-refundable rate, the Manager will charge the total amount of the reservation (including VAT and, if applicable, applicable tourist taxes) to the credit card provided at the time of booking.
- In certain group reservations (more than 9 people) or reservations that cover at least three apartments, the Manager reserves the right to charge the User, in advance and with prior notice, an amount of €200 as a deposit, which will be refunded within a maximum of 30 days from check-out, once the correct condition of the apartments has been verified.
Visa, Mastercard, and American Express credit cards are accepted. If (i) the cardholder of the card used to make the reservation does not match the User, and/or (ii) the reservation exceeds the amount of €500, the User must follow the instructions provided by the Manager in such cases.
If, at the time of check-in, the User has not provided the requested documentation, they must make the full payment of the reservation with a credit card in their name. In this case, the Manager will refund the charged amount as soon as possible, depending on the bank associated with the reservation, the effective time for collecting the corresponding amount.
In addition, cash payments are accepted up to the legally required limit, unless justified reasons prevent it.
To check-in and comply with the applicable regulations in Portugal, Users over 16 years of age must provide the Manager with:
- For Portuguese Users: “cartão do cidadão” or passport.
- For foreign Users: passport or, if applicable, a valid Portuguese residence permit.
- For public safety reasons, a selfie to allow the Manager to verify that the individuals registered in the reservation match the individuals entering the establishment.
All Users, without exception (including those under 18 years of age), must have their personal and family documentation in order, in accordance with current legislation. In the case of individuals under 16 years of age, their data will be provided by the accompanying adult. It is the responsibility of the travelers to obtain visas, passports, vaccination certificates, etc., when required for their trips.
In the event that the issuance of visas is rejected by any authority or entry into the country is denied, the Manager disclaims all responsibility, and any expenses incurred will be the responsibility of the User. In these circumstances, the conditions and rules established for the case of no-show, as outlined in the “Cancellations and No-Show” section below, will apply.
Minors under the age of 18 cannot stay in the establishments without the company of an adult.
The Manager is authorized to communicate the stay of foreign Users to the “Serviço de Estrangeiros e Fronteiras” under Lei n.º 23/2007, de 4 de julho, and Portaria n.º 287/2007, de 16 de março.
4.Conditions Applicable to Online Check-In and Check-Out Processes
Both the check-in (arrival) and check-out (departure) procedures are conducted online at all our establishments. The Manager provides electronic devices (tablets) at the entrance of the establishments for this purpose. Additionally, the Manager will offer 24-hour phone assistance to Users who request it to complete these processes.
Online Check-In Process
Check-in time at the accommodations managed by the Manager is from 15:00 hours.
The Manager provides the User with accommodations in proper conditions of use, cleanliness, and maintenance. Therefore, in case of missing equipment or existing defects, the User has a period of 24 hours to report it via email to email@example.com. The expiration of this period without any report means that there are no defects, and the apartment has everything needed.
Online Check-Out Process
Before the set check-out time, the User will receive an email outlining the necessary steps to formalize the departure. If the User has entered their personal information and login details on the televisions to access their account on a digital platform, they must log out and delete such information, absolving the Manager of any responsibility regarding such data if not done.
Check-out must be completed before 11:00 hours on the departure day set in the reservation.
If the apartment is not vacated within the indicated timeframe, the Manager reserves the right to charge the credit card provided an amount equivalent to the price applicable on the check-out date for an additional night beyond the standard rate, as compensation. If check-out is not completed on the departure day, the compensation will be charged for each additional day the User remains in the room or apartment.
5.Cancellation Policy, No-Show Cases, and Refunds
No-Show: A “no-show” occurs when the User does not show up at the accommodation on the scheduled entry date without notifying the Manager or canceling the reservation.
When making a reservation through the Website, the Manager can choose from a flexible rate, a semi-flexible rate, and a non-refundable rate, each of which has its own cancellation and payment conditions, as indicated below:
- If the User, with a flexible rate, cancels the reservation outside the free cancellation period set in the rate (48 hours before the check-in date) or generates a “no-show,” a penalty will be charged to their card, amounting to the price of the first night (including VAT and taxes).
- If the User, with a semi-flexible rate, cancels outside the applicable free cancellation period (i.e., 7 calendar days before check-in) or generates a “no-show,” (i) for a reservation of fewer than 3 nights, the penalty will be the total reservation amount, meaning one night will be charged for a one-night reservation, two nights for a two-night reservation, and three nights for a three-night reservation; (ii) for a reservation of more than 3 nights, the penalty will be, in any case, the total amount of 3 nights.
- When the User has been offered a non-refundable rate or special conditions with the condition of no cancellation, the reservation cannot be canceled or modified at any time after the reservation (including in the case of a “no-show”). Therefore, the User is obliged to pay the entire reserved stay, and the Manager will proceed to charge the amount set in that reservation (including VAT and, if applicable, taxes).
- Regardless of the applicable rate type, once check-in is completed, no cancellations or modifications of the reservation will be accepted. The User is obligated to pay the full reserved stay, and the Manager will proceed to charge the amount set in that reservation (including VAT).
- In the case of a reservation made through an agency or platform other than the Website, the cancellation policy will be as indicated by the agency or platform used.
In cases of cancellation or “no-show,” the apartment, room, or bed will become available for the Manager as soon as this is communicated, and in the case of “no-show,” after the 24-hour period from when the check-in should have occurred.
All reservations are subject to availability. Additionally, the Manager reserves the right not to accept or cancel the formalization of a reservation for any of the following reasons:
- The space(s) listed in the reservation is/are no longer available for unforeseen reasons.
- The provided payment information is not valid, and valid alternative data is not provided.
- The Manager’s security systems indicate that the reservation is anomalous or may be fraudulent or for unlawful purposes.
- There is evidence that the User is underaged.
- There are previous incidents indicating that the User has violated the rules established by the Manager.
In the first case, the Manager will proceed to offer relocation to another accommodation of equal or superior category or a full refund of the reservation amount if it has been paid. In the other cases mentioned above, the Manager will proceed with the cancellation of the reservation and a refund of the total reservation amount.
The Manager will refund the appropriate amounts to Users through the same payment method used for the reservation, unless a different refund method is agreed upon, in which case the User will need to verify their ownership once again.
In the event of force majeure or another exceptional event that prevents the provision of the Service and, specifically, the availability of the reserved apartment, the Manager reserves the right to accommodate the User, for the entirety or part of their stay, in an establishment of equivalent category; refund the amounts paid, or postpone the service until the force majeure period ends, subject to the prior agreement of the User.
Maintenance and Repairs
In the case of unforeseen maintenance, repair, or adaptation tasks during the stay:
I. Cases in which the incident does not objectively prevent the stay: the Manager will carry out these tasks as soon as possible and will hire specialized technicians if necessary, informing the User of the day and time when these tasks will be performed. If necessary for security reasons, the User must vacate the room or apartment. If the User does not explicitly oppose the execution of the tasks or request a change of date and time within 24 hours of the communication, they consent to the technicians and the Manager’s personnel accessing the room or apartment on the communicated date and time for these purposes.
If the User remains in the room or apartment or in any way prevents the completion of these tasks, it will be assumed that they have waived the execution of these tasks, and the Manager, at their discretion, will carry them out after the User’s stay has ended, in which case the User waives any claim against the Manager for this.
II. Cases in which the incident objectively prevents the stay: the Manager will offer relocation to another apartment or another accommodation with similar or superior features. If the User does not accept the relocation offered by the Manager, they will be reimbursed for the nights they were unable to enjoy due to this incident.
The User undertakes to notify the Manager as soon as possible of any incidents in their apartment or the furniture/facilities in it.
Access to the Building. Security.
Access to the building and apartments will be via a PIN code, which will be provided to the User at the end of the check-in process. For security reasons, the PIN code is non-transferable to individuals not listed in the reservation, and both the User who made the reservation and all their companions must be properly registered at the establishment. No individuals other than those identified in the reservation may stay overnight without prior authorization from the Manager. The establishment reserves the right to deny entry to individuals not properly registered in a reservation.
The User must follow the safety and emergency management instructions that are clearly indicated in the accommodation:
The building complies with applicable safety regulations and is equipped with fire detectors as well as security cameras in common areas that comply with the applicable regulations on personal data protection and privacy.
Behind the door of each apartment, there is an evacuation plan with the route and instructions to follow in case of an emergency, as well as the phone numbers of local emergency services and a contact phone number for the Manager for security emergencies.
The provisions in this section regarding “access to the apartment and building” are an essential condition of the reservation. Failure to comply by the User will result in the automatic cancellation of the reservation and an obligation to vacate, with a refund of the amounts corresponding to the days not enjoyed.
The Manager is committed to fulfilling its obligations and acting with the utmost diligence and attention to the quality of the offered service.
The User agrees to use the Services and the establishments in accordance with the law, morality, public order, and good customs, as well as in accordance with the provisions in these General Terms and Conditions. Consequently, the User undertakes not to use the Services for unlawful purposes or in a manner contrary to these General Terms and Conditions, harmful to the rights and/or interests of third parties, or in any way that may damage the services, the Manager, and/or its reputation.
The Manager is committed to the comfort and safety of Users and, for these purposes, complies with applicable safety regulations. The Manager reserves the right to demand the eviction of the facilities of any User or companion who violates the building rules, public order, or the safety of other Users, without the need to refund any amounts to the User in question.
Furthermore, if, as a result of inappropriate behavior by the User, their companions, or their pet, damage occurs to the apartment or common areas of the establishment, the Manager reserves the right to charge the corresponding amount for the repairs carried out to return the facilities to their initial condition (including, furniture, tableware, or appliances) to the User’s credit card, providing proof of the incurred cost. If it is necessary to replace the facilities (including, furniture, tableware, or appliances), the cost of acquiring new facilities of the same characteristics will be charged, and the corresponding invoice will be provided.
In the event that, after the stay, the User detects missing furniture or belongings from the apartment, damage or defects caused by inappropriate behavior, the Manager will, after prior notification, charge the User for the cost of repair or replacement, providing invoices to prove the expenses incurred.
If the User leaves the apartment in a state of dirtiness or disorder beyond what is considered normal and appropriate use, the Manager reserves the right to charge them an amount of €20 for extra cleaning costs and, if necessary, the cost of damages caused by the unavailability of the room or apartment during the cleaning and preparation tasks. The User declares their acceptance of this charge.
The User and their companions (whether staying overnight or not) are expressly prohibited from engaging in any of the following actions:
Introducing or removing furniture from the apartment or carrying out any type of work, modifications, or repairs, no matter how minor (e.g., making holes in the walls to hang pictures), without written authorization from the Manager.
Reselling or commercializing the apartment or using it for any purpose other than accommodation for the individuals listed in the reservation.
Registering the apartment as a permanent or professional residence and getting registered at that address.
Sharing the PIN code with individuals not registered in the reservation.
Introducing materials or substances that are explosive, flammable, harmful, unwholesome, or that may cause harm or inconvenience to other Users of the establishment or its staff.
Organizing parties and events of any kind, playing loud music, or making noise that may disturb Users staying in nearby apartments or buildings and, in any case, exceeding legally permitted parameters.
Using machinery or motors that may cause vibrations, noise, or any other form of inconvenience to other occupants of the building or neighbors or that may negatively affect the apartment or building.
Disrespecting or violating instructions given by the Manager’s staff.
Smoking in the facilities and apartments, including balconies and terraces. In case of violating this prohibition, the Manager may charge the User a maximum penalty of €50. If these actions cause damage to the furniture or facilities, the Manager will charge the User the cost of replacing or repairing the affected furniture or facility.
Consuming drugs or any other type of illegal substances.
Lighting candles, incense, or any other items that may cause fires in the apartment or common areas. In case of violating this prohibition, the Manager may charge the User a maximum penalty of €50. If these actions cause damage to the furniture or facilities, the Manager will charge the User the cost of replacing or repairing the affected furniture or facility.
Tampering with or blocking emergency exits, security cameras, fire extinguishers, or fire alarms.
Installing signs or advertisements or any other promotional, advertising, or other nature of elements on the facade and exteriors of the establishment.
Allowing access to the establishment to individuals who are not registered without the prior consent of the Manager.
If any User fails to comply with any of the obligations outlined in these General Terms and Conditions, the Manager reserves the right to demand the immediate departure of the User and their companions from the premises. Expelled Users will not be entitled to any refund, claim, or compensation.
The description of the cleaning service offered at each establishment is detailed in the FAQs, which the User can access from the mobile application or the website.
Notwithstanding the above:
During the stay, cleaning will be performed, as necessary:
Apartment cleaning twice every 7 nights or more upon the User’s request (which incurs an additional charge). This cleaning will involve basic cleaning and maintenance tasks in the apartment (replenishing amenities, trash removal, etc.) and will only be done if neither the User nor their pet is present in the apartment.
- Towel change at the beginning and with each cleaning or more upon the User’s request (which incurs an additional charge).
- Bed linen change once every 7 nights or more upon the User’s request (which incurs an additional charge).
A pet reservation comes with an additional fee, which will be indicated during the booking process. If the User is accompanied by dogs, they must adhere to the following rules to ensure a pleasant stay for the rest of the establishment’s Users:
- Only a maximum of two dogs is allowed, with no weight or size limit. If traveling with a dog, the User must notify this at the time of booking and in any case, before check-in.
- The introduction of any other animal into the establishment must be previously authorized by the Manager. The User must keep the animal secured in the appropriate hygienic and sanitary conditions and have the animal’s record book up to date. The Manager may request to see the animal’s record book at any time.
- The User is responsible for any damage caused by the animal, whether to third parties or to the furniture. The cost of such damages will be charged on the final bill for the stay.
- The User is responsible for the animal and its behavior at all times.
- The Manager reserves the right to refuse or expel animals that cause discomfort to other Users or establishment staff or exhibit inappropriate behavior during the stay. Presence of the animal in small enclosed spaces, such as elevators, will be avoided if it might be a nuisance to other Users in general.
- The animal cannot be left alone inside the apartment.
- Room cleaning service will only be carried out if the animal is not in the room.
- The animal is not allowed to relieve itself in areas (indoors or outdoors) that are part of the establishment managed by the Manager.
- To go in or out of the premises, you must always have the animal properly restrained, with a short leash, and, if required by regulations, a muzzle.
- The animal is not allowed to climb on beds or sofas, or to use any of the items or furniture in the room or apartment to accommodate it. For this purpose, the Manager may provide, if available, a bed, a water bowl, and a food bowl for the User, which must be left in the establishment upon check-out.
- Bathing the animal in the bathrooms or showers of the rooms or apartments or using the towels provided by the Manager to dry it is not allowed.
11.Left Luggage, Storage, and Lost Items
Left Luggage and Storage
The Manager will not accept any goods in storage from Users.
The Manager does not take responsibility for items lost in the establishments, nor does it guarantee that they will be found.
In the event that any staff member of the establishment finds an object or article of any kind in one of the apartments, the found item will be kept for a period of TWO MONTHS from its discovery and registration.
If the owner of the lost item contacts the Manager during the TWO MONTH period, they must describe the item and identify the apartment where they stayed, as well as provide their reservation number to cross-reference their information with our records.
Once it is confirmed that the data matches, the method of delivery or collection of the lost item will be arranged with the item’s owner at their own expense.
12.Limitation of Liability
This document establishes all obligations and responsibilities of the Manager towards the User, without prejudice to the particular conditions agreed upon by the parties in each case, which will prevail over what is expressly provided here.
There are no warranties, conditions, or other terms that are binding on the Manager, except for those expressly mentioned in this document, without prejudice to the responsibilities that, under applicable Portuguese law, cannot be excluded. In this sense, no provision of this document will affect the mandatory provisions for consumers. If the User is not a consumer, they expressly waive their right of withdrawal.
The User may not assign, transfer, or transmit the rights, responsibilities, and obligations contracted.
If any provision of this document is found to be void or unenforceable, the validity, legality, and performance of the remainder will not be affected in any way and will not be modified in any way.
The User accepts:
The legal notice found at https://www.staylibere.com/en/legal-notice.
The Website and its original content, features, and functionality are owned by the Manager and are protected by international copyright, trademarks, patents, trade secrets, and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
We may terminate your access to the website without cause or notice, which may result in the forfeiture and destruction of all information associated with your account. All provisions of this agreement that, by their nature, should survive termination will survive it, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity, and limitations of liability.
The User releases the Manager (data processor) and the Owner (data controller) from any liability in case unauthorized third parties access their data through their computer systems in the event of a cyberattack, provided they have reasonable security measures in place for this purpose. Both the Manager and the Owner employ appropriate means to prevent illegal intrusions.
14.Modifications and Website Content
We do not guarantee the absence of errors in accessing the Website or in its content, nor that it is completely up-to-date. In case there is any error, we commit to correcting it as soon as possible.
We reserve the right to make changes to the Website (www.staylibere.com) unilaterally and without prior notice, in order to update, correct, modify, add, or remove its content or design.
If any of these changes affect the User’s reservation, we will inform you at the time of booking or as soon as possible thereafter.
Any complaints that the User deems appropriate will be addressed as soon as possible and can be submitted through the online reception of the establishment, which can be accessed through the Website or the mobile application, or through the complaint forms made available to the User in the establishments and at www.livroreclamacoes.pt.
16.Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
The relationship between the Manager, the Owner, and the User will be governed by the current Portuguese regulations, and any disputes will be subject to the courts of Lisbon, without prejudice to mandatory judicial rules.